Really, where is Sawyer? I mean come on already! Sure he’s got 10 more days, but I expected him to be like his mama and be insanely early. Argh
But it is Friday and we’re just over a week from the big holiday, so I figured today’s post should focus on the happiest time of the year!
Zach and I are are still forming our traditions. This is our 4th Christmas living together and the one tradition we’ve really kept up with is cutting down our own tree. I absolutely love it. This year we went back to the place we went to first: Frosty’s in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
There were so many good trees to choose from that it didn’t take long. This year we wanted to go a tad smaller since we have enough ‘stuff’ going on and didn’t want to maneuver around a massive tree on top of it.
Naava likes to come too
so she can pee on all the other trees to help us pick out the perfect tree
Zach is in charge of hanging the lights when we return home and I do the ornaments.
And to add a bit of holiday cheer, we have a few other decorations around the house:
Moving on to Christmas lists….
This year it’s been really tough. The only gift I really want is a healthy, happy baby boy!
But still random things go through my head so here are a few items I drummed up:
Silly / ridiculous:
- Cinnamon cupcake from Sprinkles
- Cinnamon roll from Los Gatos Café (seriously, so freakin’ good)
- Rose gold diamond band(s) like these or this one to go with my push present ring (size 6)
- Kate Spade or Hunter rain boots (darn Piperlime gave me the idea, but they had no size 7.5)
Acts of service:
- Healthy dinners and a fully stocked fridge everyday
- Someone to vacuum the endless cat/dog hair that appears
- Unsolicited offers for foot and back rubs
- New jammies. I’m sick of my old ones and could do with getting rid of some too.
- Leopard pumps/shoes like these (totally practical right?)
- Curling wand
What’s on your silly / service / practical Xmas list?