Hey there friends!
Where does the time go? Oddly enough, when I have an extra pair of hands to help with the lil one, I find that I have less time to blog. I think it’s because I prefer to be out and about so much more, though I do miss catching up. That being said, I’m still reading your blogs, just forgoing commenting since typing on an iphone is a pain in the arse.
We’ve been busy bees around here though – daily walks to the coffee shop, dinner parties, visitors/guests, and even hikes in 40+ mph winds. My glutes are still burning from pushing a stroller up hill in that!
Last Saturday we took advantage of the gorgeous 70 degree SF weather and hit up the Ferry Building farmer’s market and I’m oh so glad we did
So without further ado, I’ll recap a bit for What I Ate Wednesday (courtesy of Jenn):
I don’t know about you, but farmer’s markets in the Bay Area are ridiculously nice and have copious amounts of free samples. A person should seriously come very hungry. And indeed we did. We snacked on everything from blood oranges to dried fruit to Indian food / spreads to cheese to chocolate.
And I gotta tell ya, those vendors are pretty smart. By offering me a sample (or two or five), I was much more apt to make a purchase. Below are just some of the items we got:
From top to bottom, left to right:
- Salami from the pig parts store – yup, not my item. That would be the hubby’s. We took it to our pig-lovin’ friends’ dinner party that night. Apparently it was tasty.
- Dried fruit (w/o sulfur dioxide). This fruit had such natural flavor as compared to typically store bought dried fruit. We purchased apricots, nectarines, figs, and pears.
- Eggplant spread. This vendor could not give us enough free samples and thank god he did, because I was in love with pretty much every item. We purchased this along with veggie paratha bread.
- Dark chocolate almond brittle. I died and went to heaven when I had this. My grandma used to make fabulous peanut brittle and this was reminiscent of that…top it with chocolate and it was beyond faboosh.
- White Cheddar cheese. I’m a WI girl through and through. Give me a good cheese and I’m happy. This had a lovely sharp smoky flavor and I’m dying to break into it. Hmm..maybe I will right.now.
We also purchased some more cheese from Cowgirl Creamery and some blood oranges. De-lish.
Are you a fan of farmer’s markets? Do the ones you frequent give free samples?