With Monday off and being sick on Tuesday (oh yeah, I didn’t mention that we all managed to get some level of cold during our travels?), this is becoming quite the short week, which is tough since there is a lot of work to do. And believe-you-me, there is nothing I like better than to be busy at work!
Sadly it’s already been a week since we touched tough in the Big Apple and our visit was far too brief. Sigh. Same for Boston and bestie time.
Here is a quick general recap of what we did:
- Eataly – Mario Batali’s awesome indoor Italian market. Loved.
- Empire State Building (but didn’t go to top because of crazy rain/fog)
- Rockefeller Plaza
- Dean & Deluca for a snack
- Times Square (and some shopping for colored jeans since my jeans were soaked)
- Attempt at dinner at Italian place in theater district (cut short by screaming baby)
- Dinner success at chain cheap-o pizzeria (Little Italy) where I had a phenomenal spinach pizza – so greasy, so good
- 10p bedtime for all 3 of us
- Met up with old Stanford friends (that now live in NY) and their two wee ones in Central Park
- Central Park Zoo
- Lunch at a fabulous café (salads made to order, perfection)
- Challenging subway ride down to financial district
- Froyo (subpar IMO)
- Ground Zero / Freedom Tower
- French restaurant for apps and vino (aka the location where I was massively pooped on and had to throw away my sweater)
- Cab ride back up to Midtown
- Random shopping
- Magnolia bakery –> slice of coconut cake the size of my head for dinner, eaten in Rockefeller plaza
- Early night in hotel – by the way, we stayed at Cassa Hotel in Midtown and loved it. The location was perfect and the staff was incredible!
- Met up with my friend Kurt and his (expecting!!!) wife Jess who were also on vacay from Chicago
- Had a scrumptious breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien with Kurt, Jess, and two of their friends
- Strolled to Penn Station for our 1p train to Boston
- Made stop at DD and scored a free iced latte
- Arrived in Boston at South Station and headed to bestie’s (new) house!
- Met Tate – Andrea and Ilya’s perfect baby boy!!!
- Grilled out and chatted to our heart’s delight
- Bestie and I hit up Bikram (first time since finding out I was pregnant and felt oh so good)
- Another visit to Dunkin Donuts (don’t judge)
- Chipotle for lunch with the boys and babies
- ….and froyo for a desert at Yeh! Hey it was right next door!
- Champy purchase pitstop
- Mini-dinner party with two additional friends that live in Boston
Monday (Boston / plane ride back to SFO):
- Pajama photo shoot
- Blueberry pancakes made by the bestie
- Long walk with the boys and babies
- Relaxing and watching SYTYCD (just like old times)
- Airport – a looooong time waiting for our flight…oye
I loved getting to experience my bestie as a mom. Seeing her with her little tater tot made my heart soar. I only wish we lived closer so we could have every weekend be like last.
The trip was far too short, but was such fun and hopefully has prepped us for longer, bigger adventures with bean in the future.
Did you go anywhere for Memorial Day Weekend??? I should make this an annual thing