Hey there strangers
Where oh where have I been? Hiding I suppose. There is too much to recap on some I’m going to give you a lot of random:
- Stopping breastfeeding is no joke. It’s difficult physically and emotionally. I made it through immediate postpartum without getting depressed, but this surely got me there
- I’ve been in a funk as a result
- Having a less-than-special Mother’s Day didn’t help matters
- Things are looking up however
- We leave for NYC/Boston in a couple days –> meaning I see my bestie and her little tater tot in less than week
- Zone Perfect sent me their Perfectly Simple bars to try. Pretty nice of them, I’d say. I tried the Peanut Crunch and it reminds me a lot of the YouBar I created. Very tasty and something I would definitely buy again (I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them at Target).
- My hair is falling out in the fistfuls. This depresses me too. I’ve always had serious hair envy so now I’m even greener with jealousy for those that have luscious locks.
- I bought a pair of colored jeans – pale yellow. I’m still on the hunt for mint ones, but everywhere I’ve looked is sold out of my size.
- My personal training is going well. It’s amazing how much more she pushes me than I would do on my own. I’m grateful for that.
- I made a really tasty cranberry banana bread last week. I should have taken pics. It’s pretty damn blog worthy.
- My dad now owns 3 buffalo. Tell me that isn’t a random piece of info
- Today I attended a lovely baby shower and wore a new hi-lo dress. Perhaps I’ll show you tomorrow?
- Our new furniture arrived. Cons: pretty sure I need to buy a new area rug to match now; the cats have already scratched it leaping off with their back paws (grr). Pros: looks great in the living room, good size, super firm, and Bean looks adorable in the chair
And there you have it.
Oh and I’ve missed you blog friends.
Tell me something random that I’ve missed about you.
Any (foodie) place I need to stop by near midtown NYC?
Tips for traveling with a 4.5 month old?
‘Tis Thursday and I’m gearing up for the weekend! Instead of a typical post, I’m taking the cheapskate way out and just doing a ‘get to know me’ post. I’ll be back to regular posting on Monday and of course will be reading all of yours!
10 food related…
- I prefer vanilla over chocolate any day.
- I sort of despise eggplant and mushrooms – it’s a texture thing.
- I have had a glass of plain regular ol’ milk since I was about 10 years old.
- I’m a better vegetarian now that I eat meat (meaning I now embrace so many more veg options like tofu, tempeh, edamame, etc)
- I love PB. I love oats. I do not love the two together.
- Likewise, I love nuts. But nuts do not belong in baked goods. Period.
- Buffets make me anxious. I always fear the food I want will not be available when it’s my turn.
- Similarly, I can’t do tapas. Inevitably one of the few plates I eat is consumed first. Fail.
- Opening more than 1 box of cereal at once drives me insane. Inevitably the earlier opened box will get stale and then tossed.
- Every Fall I’m reminded that I actually love pecans. Must incorporate more.
- It was almost as hard to name our dog as our baby.
- I was in a sorority for 1 year in college (wonder if you can guess which one). I quit because they didn’t understand my engineering workload.
- I probably DVR about 25 hours worth of tv each week…and watch it all (while multitasking of course).
- I plan out every outfit for the work week on Sunday, including shoes.
- I sleep on the right, my hubby sleeps on the left (looking from the foot of the bed) – this is important info huh people?
- I used to stand atop my bed with the vacuum to eliminate cat hair. Hey it works!
- My hubby just told me he thinks he has green eyes. It even says so on his driver’s license. His eyes are blue. Oye.
- My favorite jewelry items are rings. Necklaces and bracelets definitely take a back seat.
- One of my proudest moments was when I was in 4th grade and beat out all middle schoolers for 1st place in a math meet. Once a dork, always a dork.
- A long pedicure is infinitely more relaxing than a massage.
Did any of these resonate with you?
How many hours of tv do you watch a week?
Do nuts belong in baked goods?
What Fall foods do you like (aside from pumpkin)?