Happy Wednesday my friends! How can we make today a great one?
I’ve been racking my brain for blog-worthy posts this week and though I know it’s WIAW so that helps, but rather than show you what I ate Tuesday, let me share what I *overate* on Monday.
This WIAW brought to you by Jenn at Peas and Crayons:
You see, I had my 33 week check up on Monday at 815a and I knew I’d have to get on the dreaded scale. So I really had been trying to keep my eats in moderation the previous days, particularly on Sunday.
I didn’t eat anything pre-appointment, which is the norm for me, since I eat my oatmeal at 9a.
When the moment of doom approached, I saw that I was still *under* the targeted amount for my stage in pregnancy. Wahooo! Fyi, I’ve gained plenty of weight, no worries, my doctor is very happy with my weight gain.
Somehow that number said to me “ Eat whatever you want, as much as you want, for the rest of the day Shan!” Don’t mind if I do Mr voice-in-my-head!
So without further ado, here is every single, naughty, indulgent, second/third helping thing I ate:
- 845a: Grande non-fat half-caff 3 pump vanilla latte (a la Starbucks and the red cup)
- 9a: Mixture of candy corn and TJ’s cinnamon almonds (delish combo by the way). I estimate I ate about 1/3 cup total.
- 1130a: ½ of my leftover veggie calzone from Gumba’s – please note that had to have been a good ½ pound of cheese embedded in the fluffy dough.
- 1230p: 1 pumpkin cookie (flat / crispy, like a sugar cookie almost)
- 3p: 2 more pumpkin cookies
- 4p: Medium Ambrosia apple
- 445p: Handful of Love Grown granola (estimated 1/4 cup)
- 505p: *Many* spoonfuls of Pilgrim Joe’s pumpkin ice-cream (guessing ½ cup)
- 7p: Darbar Indian food: Paneer do Piayza + at least ½ cup rice + 5 or 6 triangles of naan. It may have been more, friends. I kept stuffing.
- 9p: PB Snickers funsize
Ugh. Oh dear me. I felt like a total lard@ss after that day. I really couldn’t stop myself though. I felt like I had a free pass since I was “underweight.”
The question is, why do I do this to myself? I feel like I’m definitely indulging enough in my regular days so it’s not like I’m working through a deprivation. But I do think that I’m putting a wee bit too much emphasis on the old scale-a-roo. Pregnancy is *not* a time to go willy nilly with your food and neglect the scale completely, but it is a time when you can be slightly more relaxed about the number. Does that make sense?
Bottom line is that my check-ups are not a game that I need to beat. I am truthful with my doctor in every other way, and yet, I seem to try to ‘game’ the scale so I can be at the low end of my weight gain. This silliness must stop.
Tell me, when you see you’re at your low-end weight range, do you allow yourself to indulge more?
Favorite Indian dish? I can’t pick just one, nor can I remember all the names. But pretty much anything veggie makes my heart sing!