Good morning my friends!
Can you believe we’re only 10 days away from Christmas? It always creeps up so fast, but really the anticipation is the best. I plan to do a little Xmas post tomorrow so stay tuned.
As you know, I had my 38 week (and 2 day) doc appt yesterday, so I’ll get right to it!
Let’s revisit the “By the numbers”:
- Weeks into pregnancy: 38 weeks (38 weeks, 3 days today)
- Days to go: 11 days (as of today)
- Weeks into maternity leave: 2.5 weeks
- Pounds gained: 25.8 lbs (up 0.8 lbs from 2 weeks ago) (average weight gain is between 25 and 30 pounds at this point, though this close, it could be the recommended 25-35 lbs)
- Current waist size (measured at belly button): 38 inches (no change from 2 weeks ago)
- Fundal length: 37 cm (up 2 cm from 2 weeks ago)
- Baby weight: Average is 6.3 lbs
- Baby position: Still head down and dropped low into my pelvis(I’m still not waddling though)
- Baby length: ~20+ inches head-to-toe on average
- Effacement: >50% (more effaced than last time, but difficult to gauge exact percentage)
- Dilation: 0 cm
- Kick Count Card: started at 28 weeks (Oct 3rd) – 10 baby movements are occurring in about 10 minutes (20 minutes tops). Sawyer was crazy active for 3 hours Friday night. It was nuts!
- Stretch marks: 0 (or at least no new ones – I’ve always had them on my upper outer thighs, but none on belly so far)
- Number of false alarms: 1
- Number of prenatal massages: 5!
I still am feeling pretty darn great. I think my antsy-ness trumps any discomfort. Though I have been having some killer lower back pains followed by little nerve pinches.
Contractions seem to have started too, along with more cramping. This is completely normal and my body preparing for birth, but it’s hard to know when it will be the real thing based on these weird aches, pains, and tightness I’m having.
The swelling is still there if not a bit worse. I only can tell because my pants and socks will leave indent marks on my skin. This is usually the result of me being too active during the day, which is, err, pretty much every day .
Acid reflux is gone for now, but if I eat Thai or Mexi, I’m sure I’ll get another bout. Oh joy!
Honestly, I’m really ready for Sawyer to arrive. Everything is set up, organized, and prepped. Mentally and emotionally I am more than ready to welcome him into my arms. I’m hoping it’s any day at this point!
Last but not least – 2 photos from 37.5 weeks:
And a pic from yesterday afternoon:
Just for a fun, a pic from Aug 23 (about 22 weeks):
Have a great Thursday!