Back from a glorious weekend. We had some people over for Cinco de Mayo and I finally tried Skinnygirl Margarita. The verdict: tastes like margaritas. Did I like it? No, not really. Why? Because I don’t like margaritas. I’m a moron. I had a feeling it would taste more like lime/lemonade, but it still had that tequila-y flavor. Blech. This is why I’m a wine/champagne girl. Anyway the food was fab, as was the company.
Backing up to Friday, we had to take bean in for his 4 month pediatrician appointment…meaning more shots. Poor guy. He doesn’t look like it affected him as much as me though does it?
No worries, he’s not screaming, he’s just trying to eat his shirt (because anything close to his mouth, goes in his mouth). So Sawyer’s stats at 4 months and 4 days are:
- Head circumference – 16.7”, 53rd percentile
- Length – 25.9”, 80th percentile
- Weight – 16.0lbs, 68th percentile
I was fearing I was feeding him too much since I felt like he was looking like a chubba-wubba, but according to the (loose) rule of 2.5oz per pound, I was actually under feeding him. He eats about 26-30oz of formula per day and based on his weight, he could drink up to 40! Meep! His doctor said that we can start solids at any time since his head control is good. I probably will wait another month or so (I think it’s me that’s not ready!)
He really is getting big though. He’s no longer this fragile infant, but rather a little man, full of personality (smiling is his favorite).
What he’s been doing:
- Holds his head up on his own (meaning, he can sit in his Bumbo, jumparoo, and on our laps)
- Role to his sides from his back. He actually likes sleeping on his side in the AM.
- He sleeps in his crib in his own room (has been since Easter weekend)
- He sleeps mostly through the night: goes down between 8-830p and wakes up once at 430a-ish, then back to sleep until 730 or 8a.
- Puts everything in his mouth – his favorites seems to be his hands, burp cloth, and bib
- He is actually amused by his toys and likes to grab onto them, especially if they make noise or crinkle
- He also likes to grab onto his hair, which is starting to fall out. His hair from birth has gotten so long it goes well past his ears and is giving him quite the little mullet New lighter fuzz is coming in.
- His nails grow like weeds and require me to cut them at least twice a week or he wrecks havoc on his poor face
- He giggles/laughs/smiles incessantly and my heart melts each and every time he does it
- He coos and talks and is most vocal in the AM when he’s in bed with us
- He’s 99% formula fed at this point
- His favorite song seems to be Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (no thanks to my singing)
- He’s becoming quite the drool monster – no teeth yet
- Tummy time – still doesn’t love it, but can now flip over on his back
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Sawyer is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I truly feel blessed to be his mom.