Dare I say Fall is here and here to stay? I sort of just a little bit really truly love it.
Bring on the boots and booties!
I showed you these Franco Sarto booties nearly a year ago:
And on Saturday I decided to break them out for my day of shopping:
In the outfit mix is a taupe-grey striped hooded tunic sweater from Marshalls (<$20 in Juniors Dept) and Pea in the Pod maternity ruched bottom leggings via Destination Maternity. It seems so weird to be rockin’ what I consider a primarily 80’s look. I’m sorry but I just think heels and leggings scream that decade! I never really thought I’d embrace the look, but pregnancy has me looking at fashion in a whole new way!
I did get a great compliment while shopping about struttin’ in 3.5” heels and a baby bump Gotta love it!
What do you think about the 80’s look? Have you been sportin’ any trends?
Booties or boots?
Good morning my friends!
Before I start my post, I have to confess I had a bit of a fat kid moment last night and feel like total poop about it. With all the indulgent eating this weekend, I had planned to get back on track yesterday and it went great…until I arrived home. I finished off my sweet swap cookies along with 2 maple cupcakes (that I made for the baby shower). Then I followed it by eating the last 1/10th of jar of PB&Co Mighty Maple. Sigh. No control. I was racked with guilt for the rest of the night. Grrr….
But today is a new day and I’m determined to have a wee bit more discipline.
For this Shoes-Day post, I’m going to show you that 3rd trimester pregnancy doesn’t mean flat shoes or tennis (unless you want to, that is )
The shoes featured in both of these outfits are Me Too black patent leather pumps with a great tread. They are comfy, basic and go with a ton.
On the left: Black maternity skirt from Mom’s the Word, basic white tank from Target and military jacket from Marshalls
On the right: maxi maternity skirt from Destination Maternity (love this skirt), teal tank from Old Navy, and tweed taupe blazer from NY&Co signature line.
These boots are some of my absolute fave brown boots – they are Alfani and purchased from Macy’s a few years ago. I paired them with black Old Navy maternity pants and a loose tan/taupe Dolman knit from Marshalls.
Just like black bumps, a girl needs brown pumps. These are Jessica Simpson crocodile patterned purchased from Marshalls. The wool plaid skirt is a recent love from Pea in the Pod (via Destination Maternity) – so great for Fall! A cheap-o tank from Forever 21 and black cardi from Express completes the outfit.
Who doesn’t love polka-dots? These Jessica Simpson black shoes were a Christmas present from the hubby in 2006. I channeled my inner 80’s chick with cropped Forever 21 leggings (non-maternity) and a loose teal Forever 21 tunic (non-maternity).
And finally, I embraced our Cali warm spell last week and wore my strappy brown sandals by Enzo Angiolini, which I bought through DSW.com. The jeans are boot cut Motherhood Maternity brand, with the same taupe Forever 21 top, and taupe/white striped cardi from Marshalls. (This is the outfit that went with yesterday’s side profile pic of the belly growth )
Admittedly my uber high heels are starting to gather dust and I’m opting for more wedges, lower heels, wider bases, etc. But I’m not giving up quite yet I still want to incorporate fun fashionable choices as long as my comfort isn’t too compromised!
Have you had any life situations that have required a change in footwear choices?
Pumps? Boots? Sandals? Which reigns supreme?
Have any recent fat kid moments like mine???
Um, where did the weekend go? No seriously, I didn’t even get one! I was coordinating a wedding rehearsal Friday night and the wedding all day Saturday so relaxation time got the boot this weekend. Although I did manage to squeeze in a prenatal massage yesterday (>>bliss<<) and also tried Yogurtland for the first time. Love at first bite, I tell ya.
So today mark’s a big day friends, it’s the first day of my 3rd Trimester! Holy moly, when did that happen?
I thought it only appropriate to list the standout moments / aspects of the 2nd Tri:
- Towards the second half, of the 2nd I got my exercise energy back and was able to push a bit harder in cardio, though weights became tougher
- Weight gain especially after 20/21 weeks and again at 24 weeks (current weight gain at bottom of post)
- Noticeable belly – yeah there’s no denying I’m pregnant, although this past weekend, the wedding vendors had no clue until I told them.
- Firmer belly – no more mushy squishy belly. It’s not hard as a rock, but definitely very firm.
- The last few weeks my ribs have started to hurt. I hear this is normal, but what a weird feeling!
- Sitting at work all day has become extremely uncomfortable on my sit bones. The last hour two of the day is no bueno. I may have to bring my big bouncy ball in.
- My face is getting fat! Waaahhh. You can tell in the photos below.
- My desire to nest is out of control. I want to get everything just perfect and even the smallest progress makes me utterly pleased.
- Gender reveal at 18 weeks – BEST moment in pregnancy so far. Reminder: we’re having a boy
- Crazy increase in appetite at about 23-27 weeks. Holy heck, I was an eating machine especially at night.
- The long time between doctor visits – 6 week intervals is hard when you want to hear the heartbeat every day!
- Registering! This proved to be a ton of fun – I think in part because we sort of love the people at Buy Buy Baby for all their help.
- 1st attack of heartburn – yeah that sucked
- 1st mid-night leg cramp – that sucked too
- My worries about Baby Boy O subsided, but my own anxiety picked up a bit :-/ P
- Picking a name!
So let’s see some changes…
Me at about 14 weeks – all non maternity clothes (fully buttoned )
Me at 26.5 weeks – all non-maternity clothes with Bella band and no chance of even trying to zip up my pants. Check out how FULL my face is. Meep!
Weight gain: According to Web MD, at 27 weeks I should have gained 26-22 lbs. I weighed myself yesterday and am at ~15.5 lbs weight gain since the beginning of pregnancy. It seems like a LOT to me, but I guess I am right on target.
And now I’m on my last third of this wild ride
Here are just a few things I’m looking forward to in the 3rd Tri:
- Babymoon – Oct 14th
- Baby shower – Oct 22nd, yipppeeee
- Setting up the nursery in its entirety
- Pre-birth maternity leave
- Maternity photo shoot – Oct 29th
- Maternity classes: 4 on the books so far!
(Phew! Long post!)
What did you do this weekend?
How many massages do you get a year?
Ever been to a Zoo wedding?