Happy Thursday! I started my rainy morning by burning my forward with my 2.5″ big barrel curling iron. I know have an awesome mark front and center. Sweet!
Before I fill you in on my goal status I must share a smoothie recipe I made on Tues:
- 1 very ripe banana cut up
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple-pumpkin butter (or just pumpkin butter)
- Dash of cinnamon
Holy moly this was the best smoothie that has ever been created. Ever. No, seriously. Try it. If you’re disappointed, well, then get your taste buds fixed
Alright, let’s see if I’ve been passing my own test.
You can see the full post on my 2011 goals here:
- Better the ol’ blog. Hmmm, haven’t really done much either. Although I have been more diligent about posting every weekday. And I finally got on the Google Reader bandwagon.
- Practice patience. I’m definitely more aware, which I think is the first step in making progress. I try to catch myself when I’m getting antsy or impatient and evaluate whether it truly is a big deal. Usually it’s not. Go figure.
- Explore new exercises. Poop. Haven’t done this one at all. Work was crazy busy so I couldn’t really expand on any other interests. But I did get a borrowed copy of P90X.
- Pick up the phone! I’m still not doing a great job at initiating phone calls. However, I am actually answering the phone when people call instead of letting it go to voicemail. Seems silly but this is a major step for me.
- Relax my no-eating-past-8p rule. I still pretty much don’t eat past 8p, but I am not down to the minute about it. And 2 days ago, I had a bite of my sweet quinoa a 903p. Little victories, my friends.
- Reign in the crazy weekend eating. Other than this past weekend, I’ve done a really good job at this. I’m much more aware of overeating out of boredom. And I’m trying to identify my triggers, like drinking too much wine makes me snack. So, duh, stop gettin’ tipsy!
- Work ??? Mum’s still this word on this one. Stay tuned.
- Family expansion. Truth be told, I wouldn’t broadcast this on my blog one way or another until I was well into..um..er…expanding…
And I’ve decided to add a few more less-serious goals for this year:
- Get my eyebrows professionally shaped. I’ve never had them waxed or plucked and want to see if it makes a difference.
- Challenge someone to an eating contest. Because I’m pretty sure I could win. Bring it!
- Surf again. This could be taken care of next week in Kauai.
- Bake a pie from scratch… that means the crust too!
- Go without makeup for a week. Oh wait, already did that.
- Try nutritional yeast.
- Lay in bed or on the couch all day. It’s harder than you think
What silly/less-serious goal do you have for this year?
What is one key ingredient for making an awesome smoothie?