As much as I’d like to drag out my Kauai vacation forever via reminiscing through photos, I’m sure it’s getting a little stale for you A final sampling of photos can be found at the end of this post (just click to see the bigger size)
If you’re like me, you’re propelled in life by things to look forward to. Yes, I try to enjoy each day, but I love the anticipation of something great that is on the horizon. And usually for me, that means travel!
Where I’ve been (outside US):
- Mexico (Cancun, Xcaret, Puerto Vallarta, Tiajuana, Ensenada)
- Canada (Vancouver, Ottawa)
- Spain (Southern half of country: Madrid, Torremolinos, Granada, Sevilla…)
- Whales (Cardiff)
- England (London)
- Australia (Darwin, Sydney)
- France (Paris, Epernay)
- Egypt (Cairo, Luxor, Aswaan)
- Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice, Parma, Milan)
- Costa Rica (San Jose, Monteverde, Manuel San Antonio, La Paz, Arenal)
- Brazil (Florianopolis Santa Catarina)
- Nicaragua (Managua)
- St. Thomas Virgin Islands (sort of British owned, right?)
Places that I’d like to visit soon:
- Greece — I named my cat Mykonos in honor of one of the islands
- Spain (again) – Anyone see Spain: On the Road Again with Gwyneth Paltrow and Mario Batalli…so freaking good!
- Argentina — Buenos Aires and Malbec vino? Yes please!
- Thailand — preferably near the beach
- Eastern Europe — I hear Prague is gorgeous!
What’s on your list?
Have you been to any of the places I plan to visit soon?
Where do you recommend I go?
Hey hey, guess what today is? It’s my Birthday! 31 years of living for this girl And where am I? In Canada. Without family/friends. Doing work. And it’s -10 deg. I’m thinking I did not plan this out so well – what do you think?
Last year my hubby planned a little surprise birthday for my 30th. He set up dinner reservations and told me it was just going to be us and the Bestie and bestie-in-law. When we got to the restaurant, more friends were they waiting We ate, drank, and got silly on the dance floor. Good times if I do say so!
Ladies at Straits, 2010
This trip was short and sweet though. The sole purpose was to hand carry technical documents to an Embassy in Canada for an International Proposal we are trying to win. I sort of felt like “Men in Black” all suited up, meeting high up officials and doing a handoff of fully packed black suitcases. Crazy right?
And now, after a $1000 change fee, I’m getting back on plane to head home one day early. Guess this means I won’t be spending my entire Birthday sans family! Yipppeeeee!
Here are my Saturday eats, which will conclude my 2 weeks of documenting all eats and exercises. Later this week, I’ll give you my assessment and hopefully you can share your inputs too!
- 9a—16 oz of home brewed maple nut coffee with 1+ tbsp vanilla creamer
- 1030a—small Braeburn apple
- 3p—1 packet TJ’s cinn-apple oatmeal, 1 tbsp pecans, 1 tbsp raisins (I was freakin’ starving at this point!)
- 730p—On the Border Mexi: 2 chicken fajitas, handful of tortilla chip, and some black beans and rice. Stuffed to the brim. But oh did I pay for it. I proceeded to get violently ill from 830p-230a and pretty much “got rid of” all of my eats. Lovely right? This is the THIRD time I’ve gotten extremely sick after eating Mexi. I refuse to stop eating my favorite food though!
- 2 mile walk with Naava (long day at work prevented a workout..boo!)
What was your most memorable Birthday?
What is your favorite kind of cake? Mine is probably angel food, followed by a simple white cake. But honestly, I’d prefer pumpkin pie