No, that’s not what the hubby said yesterday morning even though I did feel like I got hit by the ugly stick. Ever have one of those days? I blame it on having to arrive at work at 645a to prepare for my 7a meeting and 10 hour day. This girl needs her beauty sleep…and a lot of it!
But in reality, the title is actually what the hubby said when I turned some pretty nasty looking bananas into these:
Recently I was reading Becca at I heart eggs and she shared a recipe from her grandmother for banana bread and it was just too good to pass up. Besides, what else do you do with nasty looking bananas?
The recipe is really quite simple and I followed in nearly to a T, well, except for I made muffins. And added butterscotch chips
Becca’s Nanny’s Banana Bread / Muffins (only slightly adapted by Shanna)
- In large bowl, mix 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup shortening (I used Crisco butter sticks)
- Add in 2 large eggs and 1/2 cup cold water
- Mash 3 bananas in small bowl and add to above bowl
- In separate bowl combine the following dry ingredients: 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp cinnamon (cinn is my add-in)
- Slowly mix flour mixture into ‘wet ingredients’
- Mix in 1 cup of butterscotch chips (my add-in)
- Divide batter into 18 muffin lined muffin tins
- Bake at 350deg for 24 min
What you get is a pretty tasty slightly sweet banana muffin. Quite good I must say. I also have to note that I can resist nearly every single baked item I create, but for some reason, I really wanted to devour these. Dare I say I may have eaten 4 or 5 of them!
Another great recipe for PB Banana Bread can be found here.
Show me your favorite banana recipe (provide a link!)
What do you do to feel better when you’re having a blah day?