I could keep you in suspense.
But that would be mean, right?
I mean, come on, you probably are sick of me talking about it.
So how ‘bout I show you
That’s a raised leg on the left and a bent leg on the right, so in between is, well I think you know (and YES this is the only photo I will ever show of my baby BOY’s goods!)
Let’s see a better profile pic, shall we? (You can see he’s smiling with his legs up and his arms behind his head)
We are so excited. So very excited knowing our little nugget / Baby O is a boy!
Let’s just go over a few gender myths and see how they panned out, shall we?
- If you carry low, you’re having a boy – Check! I carry low.
- If the heart rate at the 12 week checkup is above 140 beats per minute, it’s a girl – Fail, our baby was at 158 bpm
- If you are extremely emotional while pregnant, it’s a girl (more estrogen) – in between on this one. I haven’t been sappy or sad, but more irritable.
- If you don’t have morning sickness, you’re having a boy – Check! No morning sickness for me.
- If you break out more than you did pre-pregnancy, you’re having a girl – Fail, I broke out a good amount.
And the best one of all that our ultrasound tech told us is:
If you drink orange juice before going to an ultrasound, your baby is more likely to spread its legs so you can see the goods (aka gender). Ha! To which our tech said, “if that was the case, then every guy would be buying oj for ladies in a bar! Bahahaahahahahaha
She also said a few other amusing things like my body transmits sound well – um is that a compliment? Should I put that on my resume?
You may be wondering how we shared the news? Well since our families are thousands of miles away, we decided to send them a photo of one of the two little outfits:
What was really funny is that Zach happened to wear a very similar button down shirt that day – like father, like son
So I shall end this post with another adorable ultrasound picture of some happy feet (in the center, they are crossed – see the toes!)
Most of you thought boy (family and myself included) – what good guessers you are!
And yes, we’re also thinking of names – once we decide, we’ll share!
Got any good boy names you want to share???
Much love from Shan, Zach, and Baby Boy O, xoxo