What a weekend! And, yes, I’m still in weekend mode since I took today off to spend with family that was in town. We had Bean’s Baptism yesterday (a full post to come) and were so very blessed to have friends and family in since last Wednesday.
But…I.am.exhausted. And looking forward to getting back into the work week, albeit a short one.
So last Sunday marked Bean’s 10 month birthday.
- Weight/Height: At his appointment in mid-October, he weighted 21 lbs 7.5 oz (59th%) and was 30.5″ tall (96%). I imagine we can up both those numbers in the last few weeks
- Eats:2 ‘meals’ of solids a day and, slowly working in a lunchtime meal as well. His “favorite” breakfast as of late is apples roasted with cinnamon and nutmeg, then blended with oats, and just a bit of water. It’s like a chunky pureed applecrisp. I usually give him some plain Cheerios as well. Dinner is a range of items: Earth’s Best Organic jarred food (Stage 2/3), sweet potatoes, lentils, (string) cheese, tofu, steameed mixed veggies that are pureed with quinoa, etc. And of course puffs. Lots and lots of puffs. He loves them and it gives me a few minutes to putz around the kitchen. He is still picky about textures and prefers his food blended, but not soupy. He’s eating, on average, 24 oz of Similac formula a day (cluster feeding at night) and about 300ish cals of solid food.
- Sleeps:7p-7a on average with 2 1-hour naps or 1 2-hour nap and a shorter nap. The afternoon nap seems to be iffy at times and lately he’s been waking up in the middle of the night. Not sure if it’s a growth spurt, teething or what???
- Sounds:dada, somthing that sort of sounds like mama, throat gurgling, yaaaalaaayaaa (loud ‘talking’), clicking his tongue, snorting.
- Movements: He crawls! And he’s fast. Yikes. All of sudden we had to move things like dog dishes, and put locks on the cabinets. He also likes to crawl up the stairs (thank goodness for baby gates). Of course, he prefers going anywhere he’s not supposed to — like to touch the wheels of his stroller, crawl on the dog bed(s), take magazines off the rack, etc. He is walking better and better (with assistance of course). And he prefers to beckon us from his room by standing up in his crib, facing the door, with tears streaming down his face (rips my heart out!). Oh and cutest thing he’s been doing? Dancing! For some reason Gangnam Style is quite fun to jam to
- Toys, etc: blocks, random boxes, my hand, my necklaces, eating books, having books read to him, knobs on drawers, the patio glass doors, his binky, animal paws, door stops, fans, anything bang-worthy, wooden toys, his baby rocker.
- Clothes:size 3 diapers by day, size 4 sleeper by nights (he’s about ready for 4′s during the day). 12-18 clothes fit best (though we squeeze him in some 9-12mo) and he does wear some 18-24mo (my god!).
- Teeth:none! Seriously!?!? (edited to add: as of 10 months and 1 week, we feel a tooth poking through!!!)
- Other: He is now snuggly in his big boy toddler seat and seems to really love it. It fits really nicely in Zach’s car, but due to the pitch of my backseats, it’s a little awkward (but works). He also managed to get his first cold (technically 2 days after turning 10 months), but it’s obviously on my mind.
And last but not least, to commemorate his 10 month birthday, we had a professional photo shoot in– below is a sneak preview of the shots:
After this weekend full of family, it makes my heart ache more than just a little bit that we are so far away!