I cringed a little when I wrote that title, mostly because it suggests that I’m big into my Birthday and, frankly, I’m not. Zach and I both share January birthdays and we joke about getting a half-birthday-month each, but that’s just in jest. Our bdays are just too close to the holidays (same for poor bean)…oh and we’re getting old too, so yeah…
What I want out of a birthday (or any day for that matter) is at the end of it to feel like it was a good day. And I’d say last Thursday was exactly that.
I was highly productive at work, took off a couple of hours early to browse some stores, get a latte, and then get a pedi. I came home to a very chipper Bean, flowers from my bestie, and soon after Thai and cupcakes from Zach:
Yes, those are little shoes on the cupcakes. I had the coconut and pawned off the rest on Zach’s coworkers.
Saturday night I had lovely plans with my friend Mojan to hit up the city to see a parody of 50 Shades of Grey. We visited a (new to me) wine bar called Amelie. Loved it. They had fantastic happy hour specials and I tried a hefty assortment of tastes. Seriously so good. The show was hilarious. Just 3 actors, essentially Christian Grey, Ana Steele, and the author. They definitely knew what to make fun of. One of the best part of the nights? Getting to wear my beloved saucy red heels:
And Sunday was lovely as well, despite finding out I have to cough up $500 to fix my MacBook (screen is cracked). I made some fabulous (lower cal) pumpkin scones and a delish lentil soup.
So all in all, nothing too crazy, but a lot of nice little things that made the whole weekend pretty darn spectacular.
Let’s hope the rest of the week goes the same way
Hey there…in the spirit of my birthday, here are 33 things you never needed to know (or cared to know) about me
- I hate napping. And I actually get frustrated when other people nap — how irrational is that?
- I pick out my outfits for the week every Sunday. It’s a habit I’ve had for about 20 years.
- I’m a lot more chipper at 8a than I am at 8p.
- I don’t think more than one cereal box should be opened at once (however, Zach does).
- My life as a Mom is far better than I imagined.
- A big reason I continue to get shellac manicures is for the neck massage that comes with it.
- I’m notoriously early…even with a baby in tow.
- I’d love to open a bakery (but probably would not love the early, early wake up call).
- I have hair envy.
- I’m not a fan of my thighs. Turning 33 hasn’t made me embrace them any more (hey just being honest).
- I want to start volunteering at the SPCA again, though we may end with five more cats/dogs.
- I loathe driving (unless it is traffic free, which never happens in NorCal).
- I haven’t had froyo in about 3 or 4 months (must be a new record).
- Pizza always, always sounds delicious to me.
- It scares me to think that some day Bean will be a teenager.
- I’d rather clean toilets than fold laundry.
- I’m pretty sure I could eat an entire jar of PB every day if I wanted.
- Given the choice, I’d rather go to Paris or Rome, than lay on a beach.
- I read about a book a week (fiction, true crime, mysteries, chicklit).
- I’m allergic to peanut oil (but not peanuts or peanut butter).
- I always feel frumpy in flats.
- I’ve never seen the Grand Canyon, Mt. Rushmore, or Yellowstone.
- My next trip will be back to Spain or perhaps Argentina.
- Long dinners with great wine is one of my favorite activities.
- As I get older, family becomes more and more important.
- I don’t go to Farmer’s Markets nearly enough. I really do love them.
- I’m an Extrovert, but always assumed I was an Introvert (I’m ENTJ by the way).
- I don’t understand being indecisive.
- My toenails are always painted. Always. (I also happen to like my feet).
- Sometimes I’m shy and get stuck in my head.
- I wonder if I’ll ever snowboard again (I’m less daring now that bean is here).
- I’ve never waxed my eyebrows.
- 33 is officially old!
And with that, I’m going to get through this work day, get a pedi, drink some bubby, eat Thai food and have cupcakes!