Two posts in one week..who the heck am I? Sad that has become the reality, but honestly my day-to-day life is fairly repetitive, so unless I were to show new outfits every day as content, not much else changes.
I did make it to another fabulous spin class last night and have plans to hit up Gravity wine bar in Palo Alto with a friend this evening
Some of the posts I find most interesting are the products that people like (and I will give them soooo much more credit if they are not sponsored by any given company). I decided it might be fun to show you what beauty products I’m loving. Really my fave beauty product is a good pair of heels, but I’ll stick to traditional products
- Suave Cocoa Butter Lotion – I’ve been a faithful user of this for decades now. There really is no other lotion I’d rather use on my body. I used it all during pregnancy as well, and no stretch marks (though I don’t know if that was just luck)
- Bath & Body vanilla lotion – I’m a devoted vanilla scent fan. Though right now I’m using an Xmas present of Philosophy gingerbread scent
- Vera Wang Bouquet – rarely do I go through an entire bottle of perfume, but this one has been my go-to work scent for 2 years now. Sadly it’s empty. I’ve been using Anthropologies vanilla spray as well as Hanae Mori.
- Joico shampoo and conditioner as the staples – I prefer the color protecting. I also have been using the Neutrogena triple moisture conditioner (purchased at Target)
- Tresseme volume mousse – love that this gives lift to my roots. It’s a little too much for the ends of my hair since they are so dry
- Josie Maran Argan Oil – purchased at Sephora over a year ago and it makes your ends so much more manageable…same for fly-aways. I also will use Garnier Sleek and Shine in a pinch.
- Color Mark – yep, I’ve got grey hairs…more than I’d like to admit. In between my highlight / color appts (every 10-12 weeks), I use this on those greys popping through. It’s pricey for such a small bottle (about $20) but lasts maybe 6 months or so.
- Tresseme Hair Spray (#4) – of all the hairsprays I’ve tried in my life, this one ranks up there as one of the better. It’s very similar to Shaper hair spray at a fraction of the cost.
- Clean and Clear lotion – it’s light and has sacyllic acid in that helps clear up acne. It does not have sun protection so I tend to use this at night
- Lancome Renergie – my friend Mojan got me hooked on this and I’m so glad she did. It feels luxurious on my skin, neck, and chest and seems to be adding moisture to my skin and making my wrinkles slightly less noticeable.
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizer – this is my standard day-to-day moisturizer. It’s not too thick/oily and not too light and has an SPF of 15
- Aveeno Tinted Moisturizer – I never wear traditional foundation so if I’m trying to get a more even look on my face (date night, etc), I’ll use this.
- Trader Joe’s cleanser – I randomly purchased this and am now a devout fan. Others I’ve talked to who have used it have amazing results as well. Something certainly doesn’t have to be expensive to be wonderful.
- Bare Escentuals Blush in Beauty – Love this color. I used in on my wedding day and continue to purchase it. Also love the lightness and feel of almost all Bare Escentuals face products
- Benefit BADgal Eyeliner – I love a good cat eye look which this does well, but also love it for daily wear. It’s a pencil that goes on like a pen and stays on all day long
- Benefit High Bro – I’ll use this to accent the inside of my eyes and lift my brows if I’m going out or on days that I look like death
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara – I have never (ever) found a high-end mascara that compares to drugstore brands. Covergirl last blast is a fave as is Almay.
- Chap Stick brand chapstick – this is my daily base. It actually moisturizes and has an SPF 4.
- Express lip glosses – the first time I bought one of them, it was a last minute purchase to put me at the minimum required to use my $30 off coupon. Such a great idea. I love the shimmer, the staying power, the color, and the smell. Seriously, I highly recommend.
- Benefit lipstick in Good-to-Go – periodically I like to get a new makeup look done. This color was the result of one of those times. I love the smoothness of this lipstick, how well it moisturizes, and the soft color (more applications will make darker).
- Origins Liquid Lip Color in Really Rosy – this was in my stocking and I love it. I would never have thought to try Origins, but will definitely be going back to test out their other options.
- Aveda lip pencil – I’ve rubbed the name of this dual-sided pencil, but love using it to actually fill in my lips, and top with a gloss, for a deep color. The one I have is a berry on one side and a light shimmery pink on the other (which I use as an eyebrow highlighter).
If there is any great product you want to rave about, please share!