Bean and I just made through a weekend solo (well a Thurs thru Sunday), since Zach was away for work. We had some good mommy/baby bonding, but when Zach walked in the door this AM, I booked it to workout and get a pedi Bean didn’t mind. He decided he’d take a 3 hour nap.
To celebrate his the big 9 months, we got him his very first haircut!
Other fun facts (that are notable changes from the 7 month update)
- Eats:2 ‘meals’ of solids a day and may move to 3 meals shortly. Breakfast is often greek yogurt, quick oats, banana and cinn blended together. Dinner is sweet potato with some lentils, carrot sticks, maybe cheese. Oh and the puffs. Lots and lots of puffs. He loves them and it gives me a few minutes to putz around the kitchen. He is still picky about textures and prefers his food blended, but not soupy. He’s eating, on average, 24 oz of Similac formula a day (cluster feeding at night) and about 300ish cals of solid food.
- Sleeps:7p-7a on average with 2 1-hour naps or 1 2-hour nap and a shorter nap.
- Sounds:dada, somthing that sort of sounds like mama, throat gurgling, yaaaalaaayaaa (loud ‘talking’), clicking his tongue, snorting. He can also sign the word for milk.
- Movements: literally just started crawling (but it’s more like an army crawl on the front arms), still prefers to roll and rotate to where he wants to go. Can sit up unassisted and can stand while leaning against something. Likes to ‘walk’ with some help. Can easily transition from sitting to laying down. Cannot stand up in crib yet (we just dropped it tonight!).
- Toys, etc: blocks, random boxes, my hand, my necklaces, eating books, having books read to him, knobs on drawers, the patio glass doors, his stuffed lemur, his binky, animal paws, door stops.
- Clothes:size 3 diapers by day, size 4 sleeper by nights (he’s about ready for 4′s during the day). 12-18 clothes fit best (though we squeeze him in some 9-12mo) and he does wear some 18-24mo (my god!).
- Teeth: none! I’m convinced he’s going to be toothless forever.
- Other: He is about 1 cm away from not fitting in his car seat so we have purchased (but not yet installed) the Britax Marathon thanks to tons of recommendations. We got it in the waverly print and the version we got goes up to 70 lbs (rear to front facing). No carseat means, no snap-n-go stroller, so we recently purchased the Maclaren Triumph (super light, looks cute (in red!), but has no storage and I feel like he reclines a bit too much).
That about wraps it up. Here’s 2 more pics, just for fun