Somehow, it has been 6 months since I gave birth to my beautiful little boy.
6 of the best months of my life (yes I say that despite all the horrible after-birth pain and emotional ups/downs).
Sawyer, or bean, or beeeeaaannnie as I tend to call him more often than not, is my angel on earth. To say we have been blessed is an understatement. Clearly I could gush on and on, so I’ll just give you the main points of where he’s at as of 6 months (1/2 year!):
- Weight: 18’4.5” – 63rd percentile
- Height: 27” – 69th percentile
- Head circumference: 17” – 70th percentile (<—big head = big brains? )
- Formula fed (no more breastmilk)
- Solids introduced June 2nd – foods so far: rice cereal, oatmeal with cinnamon, peas, carrots, summer squash, sweet potatoes, pears, bananas (all veggies/fruits are organic purees that I’ve purchased – hoping to make my own once we get in a good rhythm of eating)
- Likes: all veggies, but summer squash best. Dislikes: rice cereal and oatmeal. Loves: formula – he’s eating on average of 30-35 fl.oz. per day. He still uses the low flow Medela bottles and is primarily drinking Similac and some Enfamil.
- We have not given him juice or water yet, but did purchase sippy cups (for water or *drastically* watered down fruit juice)
Teeth: None, though the lower ones are about to pop through any day
- Goes down at about 7 or 730 after a jammie change and a bottle (Zach’s job)
- Wakes up anywhere between 430a and 730a for the first time. If he wakes up before 7a, he takes a 4oz bottle and falls back asleep until 730 or 8a
- He falls asleep with his binky, but is fine if it happens to fall out
- Likes to have the muslin burp cloth on his face when he sleeps (or other lightweight blanket, like his lovey monkey blankie), which totally makes us uncomfortable!
- Naps for 1 hours in the AM and 2 hours in the early-mid PM. Sleeps in crib for one of the naps and his car seat for the other
- Smiles and laughs all the time
- Loves Jacque the Peacock
- Enjoys putting the garanimal books in his mouth
- Jumps up and down in his jumparoo and can spin around in it
- Can roll (more adept at one side than the other) and go from back-to-tummy and tummy-to-back
- Loves playing with his feet. Eating his feet is also quite fun.
- Loves petting/grabbing the animals fur
- Cracks up when chasing the dog (in our arms)
- Enjoys pulling on my face and hair
- Swimming – well okay he went in the pool once, but I think he liked it
- Sitting up with some assistance
- Laughing while daddy reads books
- Likes hearing the ABC song and Twinkle, Twinkle
- In the AM, he likes to make a “ttthhh” sound, which is weird since I thought you needed teeth to do that
- Blowing spit bubbles and making a raspberry sound with his lips
- “hehehehehe” usually when he’s laughing
- “Neeeee” when he’s about to fuss (sign of hunger)
- “ehhhh” when on belly – it’s a fine line between happy noises and about to fuss
- “ahhhh, gaahhh” is his babbling / talking sounds
- Cannot fit in his 3-6 month clothes, but can fit in some strictly 6 month items
- Mostly wears 6-12 month or 9 month clothes
- Wears a size 3 diapers (Pampers Swaddlers) and size 4 at night
- Prefers to be pantsless (don’t we all..ha!)
And just for fun, take a look at what Bean looked like around 6 weeks – my how he’s grown!
Have a safe and happy 4th my friends!