As I mentioned yesterday, I had my 36 week appointment. All is wonderful but I did have a bit of a low moment when I stepped on the scale. Keep reading for more details…
Let’s revisit the “By the numbers”:
- Weeks into pregnancy: 36 weeks (36 weeks, 3 days today)
- Days to go: 25 days (as of today)
- Days into maternity leave: 4
- Pounds gained: 25 lbs (up 4.3 lbs from 3 weeks ago ) (average weight gain is between 25 and 30 pounds at this point)
- Current waist size (measured at belly button): 38 inches (increase of 1” since 3 weeks ago)
- Fundal length: 34-35 cm (right on track)
- Baby weight: ~5.5lbs per my doctor’s estimate (average is 5.5-6lb)
- Baby position: Head down! And dropped (lightened, though it’s hard to tell with my short torso)
- Baby length: 20.7 inches head-to-toe (according to WebMD)
- Effacement: ~50%
- Kick Count Card: started at 28 weeks (Oct 3rd) – 10 baby movements are occurring in about 10 minutes (20 minutes tops)
- Stretch marks: 0 (or at least no new ones – I’ve always had them on my upper outer thighs, but none on belly so far)
- Number of false alarms: 1
- Push Presents received: 1 white gold cognac diamond ring
- Baby Showers: 3 (last one was from my coworkers last week)
I have to say that I’m still feeling really good. Sure my lower back is screaming at me by the end of the night but I’m still getting in about 5-6 mild workouts per week and haven’t started waddling
I have had an increase in swelling. Actually a big increase. My socks now leave marks on my ankles and my push present ring doesn’t fit the finger I intended it for. My wedding rings still fit, which is odd.
Acid reflux is a new enemy lately. I had no idea what that was until just recently and now I wake up at night and have to take Tums. Oye.
Let’s get back to that weight thing. I have officially gained 25 lbs and that’s really a scary number. I think it’s because it means I’m at my highest weight ever (or darn close). The baby inside me means far far more than any weight gain, but vainly I hoped I wouldn’t gain this much. My magic number for total weight gain is 27-29 lbs so that at least still is on track. The problem is that I know I’ve been overeating and it has not been for baby. I’ve been indulging in too many dips in the PB jar, slices of pie, extra helpings, etc. That’s where the guilt is coming from.
But here’s the thing, I don’t look that big. Nobody can believe I’m 9 months pregnant so I’m not quite sure where the weight is coming from.
Oh and another random tidbit, my doctor is out of town Dec 21-28 – and yes, my due date is Dec 26. Hmmmmm How’s that gonna work? We did talk about induction and she said that we could probably schedule one for Dec 31 lil’ Sawyer isn’t here yet, providing all is well with effacement / dilation / etc. Wahooo!!!!
Last but not least – a photo from 2 days ago:
Would you rather look small but weigh more? Or see a lower number on the scale, but have people think you look bigger? (or think both choices are vain and lame to answer )