Thank you for your supportive comments yesterday on my eating binge on Monday
As I mentioned yesterday, I had my 33 week appointment this week. It was supposed to be 32 weeks, but apparently the appointment desk can’t count
Let’s revisit the “By the numbers”:
- Weeks into pregnancy: 33 weeks at appt (33.5 weeks today)
- Days to go: 45 days (as of today)
- Work days until maternity leave: 9 work days!!!
- Pounds gained: 20.7 lbs (up 4.2 lbs from 5 weeks ago) (average weight gain is between 22 and 28 pounds at this point)
- Current waist size (measured at belly button): 37 inches (increase of 1.5” since 5 weeks ago)
- Uterus size (outside measurement on stomach called “fundal length)): 31 cm (up 5 cm from 5 weeks ago –> hello growth spurt!)
- Baby weight: ~4lbs per my doctor’s estimate (average is 4.4 lb according to WebMD)
- Baby position: Head down! Woohoo! His lil booty is hanging out on my right side and he’s in a U-shape with his legs and (kicking) feet on the left side
- Baby length: 19.4 inches head-to-toe (according to WebMD)
- Kick Count Card: started at 28 weeks (Oct 3rd) – 10 baby movements are occurring in about 10 minutes (20 minutes tops). He moves so much at times it makes me nauseous. And I’m pretty sure he’s bruised my right rib.
- Weeks until next ultrasound: <3 weeks!
Overall, I’m feeling pretty great! My energy is still pretty high, relatively speaking I’m starting to really love (like, looooove) my sleep. Mentally I’m unbelievably excited and feel like I’m ‘ready’ for the most part, though I want to also revel in these last weeks with Sawyer inside my belly.
You may remember that in my last update, I talked about considering a c-section. I still am not 100% decided, but I am about 80-90% sure I want a natural birth. And when I say natural, I mean lots and lot of drugs. I kid, I kid. Just give me the epidural, please!
So that’s where I’m at!
What are you counting down the days to?