Happy Wednesday friends! It’s my Friday, don’t be to jealous You see, Saturday is my baby shower, so tonight my Mom is arriving, tomorrow afternoon my MIL, and tomorrow night my bestie. Yipppeee!
But back to today’s topic at hand: SNACKS!
Pregnant or not pregnant, I’m a snacker. I like to eat a little something every 2-3 hours (lately it’s more like 1.5 to 2) so I’m constantly stocking up on easy-to-go items that can fit in my purse or in my desk drawer. Come on, tell me that you have a desk drawer at work filled with food Another story for another time is about how I no longer have a snack drawer due to some pesky mice that went to town on my snacks. Watch out mousies – my wrath is way worse than a mouse trap (I kid, I kid).
Okay back to it.
I’m all about healthy snacks: apples, almonds, a short ingredient protein bar, but sometimes I want a snack that truly tastes like a snack. Below are my latest top snacks:
- Popchips! Thanks to Marssie, I was sent an entire box of these goodies! I had seen these little bags all over stores and the blogworld, but had yet to try them out. I’m officially hooked. I’ve had the Parmesan and the BBQ, while the hubby has had the Salt’n’vinegar. Verdict: awesome. I am now incorporating a bag a day in my life Totally hits that salty-chip-craving, but in a healthier, lighter, low-cal form. WIN! And, what’s great is that they are from San Francisco – love supporting local companies!
- Candy corn: I’m an addict. I really am. It’s my favorite seasonal candy and it’s not too high in cals either – win! And thanks to some twitter buddies, they clued me in on mixing candy corn with roasted peanuts. Salty and sweet – life’s perfect combo
- Trader Joe’s maple cookies: Have you had them? If not, why not??? They are sinfully delicious and so perfect for the Fall. Who cares if I have slight addiction with maple – it just matches other addictions (like pumpkin), so I’m going to roll with it
- Frozen yogurt: I never craved ice cream like I do now. And with the pure genius that is self-serve froyo places, I’ve been in gluttonous bliss. I’m all about the toppings – cookie dough, heath, snickers….
- Chocolate: Normally I can say yay or nay to chocolate, but lately, my sweet tooth is on overload, so I love having just mini-Snickers (stolen from a coworker’s candy jar) or even a few chocolate chips just to get my fix. Last night I may had a Reeses PB pumpkin
So yeah, not all of these are snacks on the go, but Popchips certainly are and I’ve already stashed them a few places for those hunger pains. Errr, same as the candy corn Gotta have the sweet-salty combo, ya know?
So tell me, what are your favorite snacky foods (healthy, indulgent, or otherwise)?
Have you had Popchips? What’s your favorite flavor?