Welcome back from the weekend! Did you survive?
Our weekend was high on productivity and low on unabashed fun. But I feel good about it.
Friday night our plans to have dinner at a new pizza place were thwarted by a rehearsal dinner. Boo – hissssss And then the fancy futon we wanted for the baby’s room couldn’t be picked up. We need a week for it to be delivered.
Saturday we headed to Buy Buy Baby to pick up the crib, diaper changing station, and crib mattress we had received as gifts from our registry. Let’s just say it took, oh, a good hour to figure out how we were going to strap the crib box to Zach’s car since it wouldn’t fit inside. Oye. What an adventure!
But we did have some fun in BBB:
I’ll definitely do all an-up post on the Nursery progress, but not today
But let’s back up for a second. Friday morning I had my 28 week check up (28 weeks and 4 days actually). I told Zach he didn’t have to go to this one since we weren’t having an ultrasound. But it ended up being a super informative appointment with just me and the doc (whom I adore btw).
Let’s revisit the “By the numbers”:
(Compare to 24.5 weeks here)
- Weeks into pregnancy: 28.5 weeks at appt (29 weeks today!)
- Days to go: 77 days (as of today) <—MEEP!
- Pounds gained: 16.5 lbs (average weight gain is between 17 and 24 pounds at this point)
- Current waist size (measured at belly button): 35.5 inches
- Uterus size (weird I know – outside measurement on stomach called “fundal length)): 26 cm
- Glucola test (for diabetes): Negative! Wahoo! As you recall, I fainted right after my blood was drawn. Well apparently my sugar level was the lowest my doctor has ever seen in a pregnant woman! Above 175 mg/dL is at risk (enough to have to take the 3 hour test). Below 70 mg/dL is the super low range where people have extreme reactions. I was at 50 mg /dL. Bottom line, when I say I need food, I need food. Rawr!
- Ta-ta size increase: 1++ cup size (no change since 24.5 weeks)
- Baby weight: ~2.5 lb (according to WebMD)
- Baby length: 16 inches head-to-toe (according to What to Expect website)
- Kick Count Card: started at 28 weeks (Oct 3rd) – 10 baby movements are occurring in about 10 minutes (20 minutes tops). He’s a wiggly one!
- Flu shot: Zero. I do not plan on getting one. I have never in my life received a flu shot and the last time I actually caught the flu, I was still in the single digits. Yes, I’m aware that the shot also has H1N1, but I was in Mexico when H1N1 broke out and didn’t get sick. Am I delusional that I’m immune? Nope, but I don’t feel it’s right for me or my baby to start getting the flu shot now. (My doctor completely supports me and agrees with my approach)
- Weeks until next ultrasound: 7 weeks! Too long to see my lil one again!
One thing I have not yet shared is my birth plan. While there are many, many aspects to the plan, the big gigantic elephant in the nursery is whether or not I’ll have a c-section.
While my doctor does do elective c-sections (though not recommended), there is a medical concern for me based on my plummeting blood pressure (and fainting) after medical procedures.
Ideally, I agree that a vaginal birth is best / preferred, but I also need to do what’s best for my health as well. That being said, I’ve been exploring the option of a c-section.
And you know what?
There really isn’t a lot of information out there. Books do not abound, nor do classes.
So I’m sort of stuck.
Readers, friend of readers, pregnancy blog followers, help!
- If you’ve had a c-section, please share your experience.
- How was the recovery different if you’ve had both a regular birth and a c-section?
- What are the pros / cons of c-sections
And to the rest of my readers:
Does a productive weekend make you happy?
What’s one thing you did this weekend that put a big ol’ smile on your face?