Um, where did the weekend go? No seriously, I didn’t even get one! I was coordinating a wedding rehearsal Friday night and the wedding all day Saturday so relaxation time got the boot this weekend. Although I did manage to squeeze in a prenatal massage yesterday (>>bliss<<) and also tried Yogurtland for the first time. Love at first bite, I tell ya.
So today mark’s a big day friends, it’s the first day of my 3rd Trimester! Holy moly, when did that happen?
I thought it only appropriate to list the standout moments / aspects of the 2nd Tri:
- Towards the second half, of the 2nd I got my exercise energy back and was able to push a bit harder in cardio, though weights became tougher
- Weight gain especially after 20/21 weeks and again at 24 weeks (current weight gain at bottom of post)
- Noticeable belly – yeah there’s no denying I’m pregnant, although this past weekend, the wedding vendors had no clue until I told them.
- Firmer belly – no more mushy squishy belly. It’s not hard as a rock, but definitely very firm.
- The last few weeks my ribs have started to hurt. I hear this is normal, but what a weird feeling!
- Sitting at work all day has become extremely uncomfortable on my sit bones. The last hour two of the day is no bueno. I may have to bring my big bouncy ball in.
- My face is getting fat! Waaahhh. You can tell in the photos below.
- My desire to nest is out of control. I want to get everything just perfect and even the smallest progress makes me utterly pleased.
- Gender reveal at 18 weeks – BEST moment in pregnancy so far. Reminder: we’re having a boy
- Crazy increase in appetite at about 23-27 weeks. Holy heck, I was an eating machine especially at night.
- The long time between doctor visits – 6 week intervals is hard when you want to hear the heartbeat every day!
- Registering! This proved to be a ton of fun – I think in part because we sort of love the people at Buy Buy Baby for all their help.
- 1st attack of heartburn – yeah that sucked
- 1st mid-night leg cramp – that sucked too
- My worries about Baby Boy O subsided, but my own anxiety picked up a bit :-/ P
- Picking a name!
So let’s see some changes…
Me at about 14 weeks – all non maternity clothes (fully buttoned )
Me at 26.5 weeks – all non-maternity clothes with Bella band and no chance of even trying to zip up my pants. Check out how FULL my face is. Meep!
Weight gain: According to Web MD, at 27 weeks I should have gained 26-22 lbs. I weighed myself yesterday and am at ~15.5 lbs weight gain since the beginning of pregnancy. It seems like a LOT to me, but I guess I am right on target.
And now I’m on my last third of this wild ride
Here are just a few things I’m looking forward to in the 3rd Tri:
- Babymoon – Oct 14th
- Baby shower – Oct 22nd, yipppeeee
- Setting up the nursery in its entirety
- Pre-birth maternity leave
- Maternity photo shoot – Oct 29th
- Maternity classes: 4 on the books so far!
(Phew! Long post!)
What did you do this weekend?
How many massages do you get a year?
Ever been to a Zoo wedding?