Did you get past yesterday’s long post? Sorry for the wordiness, there was just so much to share!
And if you’re new to the blog, join me on twitter @shanlikebanana
GAH! How did I forget one of the best things about yesterday? THE SWAG BAG!
Seriously, look at that spread! AND, that’s not the end of it. I picked up even more stuff the next day.
My faves were definitely the Nugo Darks –I’ve been touting these forever and now finally others will see how awesome they are. Also finally got to try Larabars and Odwalla, since I’m too cheap to buy them myself. Tons of Quaker goodies too – can you ever go wrong with Quaker?
After not a great night’s sleep, Jillian and I knew that coffees would be in order before breakfast – neither disappointed. In fact, all the food and snacks of the day were quite good (so many vegetarian options) and there was no way I could go hungry
(note: upper left picture from Meghann at Meals and Miles who organized the entire Healthy Living Summit – talk about a GREAT job – so many kudos to her!!!)
I can’t even begin to capture all the amazingness of the day, but the standouts were:
- Learning to write a better recipe (note, don’t post other people’s recipes in its entirety, and be specific in your recipe instructions!)
- There is negativity in the blog world (boo ) mostly coming in the comments section (but there’s ways to combat it!)
- Dawn (author of The Flexitarian Diet and nutrition consultant to Chicago Cubs) was a fabulous Keynote speaker and I could totally see her and I being friends
- Numbers work for some people in tracking their health (me! did you read the scale is my friend?)
- Your blog can make you $$$, but it takes work and perseverance (not sure I have the time for it, but options are nice!)
I felt like the day ended rather abruptly and plans were very up in the air for what to do for dinner. So my roomie Jillian and I
went to twitter and tried to find the scoop. It took a few hours, but finally we just decided to go out on our own and after a lot of walking, we settled on an outdoor table at Opa – WIN! Great food and even a lil sparkling wine was necessary
We had such good conversations! Jillian and I have a lot in common and we could have chatted forever! But alas, our night needed to end….not before Sweet Endings though!
That would be PB drizzled across the top of PB and vanilla fro-yo. Oh hot damn, was that tasty.
Before I knew it, we were in bed and my alarm was going off at 520a to catch my flight back to Cali.
Until next time HLS!
Day 2 HLS impressions:
- I thought I’d know more bloggers
- The attendees of HLS rocked
- Swag bags make me very, very happy
- Dawn, the “Flexitarian” is a fabulous speaker
- I wish there was more of a coordinated dinner event on Saturday
- Loved really getting to know my roomie!
- The panel discussions were beyond insightful – I’d love to be on one next year!
- I’m inspired to make Shanna, like Banana a better blog –> hold me to it okay?
- New friends are the best
What inspires you?
Fave fro-yo flavor? Topping?