Happy Valentine’s Day!
This weekend was filled with a glorious 70 deg day at Pebble Beach rubbing elbows with Ray Ramano, Tony Romo, Bill Murray, and Kevin Costner. And by rubbing elbows, I mean standing behind a well-guarded rope watching the Pros and Ams play while sipping a $14 Bloody Mary Check out Rebecca’s blog for some photos.
I also had a faboosh girl’s night on Friday that include pizza, vino, and Valentine’s funfetti cupcakes (box mix paired with whipped strawberry frosting and candy hearts).
I know Valentine’s Day can be quite polarizing to some. Whether you are believe it’s an absurd Hallmark holiday or you think it’s as sweet and romantic as puppies and roses, at the very least, we can appreciate that it’s another day to tell someone we love them, right?
Since Valentine’s Day is on a Monday this year, the hubby and I probably should have celebrated over the weekend, but alas we didn’t. And if he thinks taking me to watch golf is romantic, he has another think comin’ That being said, we actually do plan to go out to dinner tonight and will exchange gifts. For me, I think the best gift would be having dinner made for me. To me, there are few things that show you care like cooking for someone. Oh and well, flowers are nice too Mmm, and maybe a never ending supply of Reeses PB cups….
Speaking of food, let me share a recipe that was inspired by Oh She Glows.
Maple Cran Apple Almond Quinoa
- Dice up 3 medium-small apples (I used Braeburn)
- Spread 1 layer thick on cookie sheet and spray with Pam and cover with cinnamon
- Bake at 400 deg for about 12 minutes (until soft and slightly golden brown)
- Meanwhile, mix 1 cup red quinoa with 2 cups water, and 1 packet apple cider mix in small pan
- Bring to a boil and cook as directed (note: I cooked mine a few extra minutes)
- All water to evaporate from quinoa when it is done cooking
- Mix quinoa, apples, 1/3 cup slivered almonds, 1/2 cup dried cranberries in a bowl (or tupperware)
- Stir in 2 tbsp lite maple syrup and 1/2 tbsp honey
The sweet-nutty combination will blow your mind. My first attempt at sweet quinoa can be ruled a success! Eat hot or cold for the next few days Deeeelish!
Have you ever made sweet quinoa? Do you have a recipe to share?
What are your plans for V-day? Or how did you already celebrate?
Last celebrity you saw?