Hi guys…I’m exhausted. Can I just tell you that I’m not one of those people that thinks working 12+ hour deserves a badge of merit. In fact, I think it makes me lame. Lame for putting work above life. I can appreciate and understand that it is necessary at times (and dare I say, fun!) but nevertheless it is still has the ability to drain me!
And did I ever mention how I get super crabby if I don’t eat on time? It’s frightening. You don’t want to see a 30 yr old throw a temper tantrum believe me. And usually I’m good about popping a snack or something; but if I eat later at night, I feel like every calorie is just going to turn into fat on my thighs as I sleep, so I end up not snacking.
Sp pre-Date Night (Wed) I may have looked something like this:
Yeah I’m a real peach to hang out with Date Night wasn’t off to a good start. I was late from work (after the hubby, which never happens). And I had my cranky pants glued on. I didn’t think those suckers were coming off for anything!
While Zach was chattin’ away at Gumba’s, he noticed my glazed over expression and one-sided silence, to which he smartly stated “How about I not talk to you until you’ve had 3 bites of food.” Brilliant idea.
Sure enough, a few bites into my salad and I was A-Ok
The rest of Date Night was quite nice actually and I felt nearly de-stressed by the time the night ended. WIN!
Now to recap the eats and exercises…
- 715a–12 oz coffee with 1tbsp creamer
- 9a–1 packet TJs cinn-apple oatmeal with 1 tbsp pecans
- 12–Asian salad togo’s with <1/2 dressing (400 cals according to the nutrition info online)
- 245p–Sbux venti 4pump vanilla nonfat latte
- 515p–half a medium banana
- 720p–romaine salad with oil/vinegar and 1.5 pieces garlic bread
- 740p–pasta primavera (zucchini, peppers, onions, carrots, asparagus). I ate all the veggies and half the noodles
- 8p–1 glass of Merlot
- 745a–16 oz mug of home brewed maple nut coffee with 1+ tbsp vanilla creamer
- 845a–Nature’s Valley PB granola bar (on the way to a meeting)
- 1145a–small work-catered Italian salad (romaine lettuce, red onions, olives) and ZonePerfect Fudge Graham bar
- 3p–1 medium orange, 1 bag of Miss Vicky’s jalapeno chips
- 7p–3 slices feta/spinach frozen pizza (to which I added cut up green olives and arugula) (about 400 cals total) and 10 carrots with <2tbsp spicy hummus
- 2o minute walk with Naava
- 40 minute treadmill (variation of walk/running for 20 minutes, then 20 minutes at 4mph / 5deg incline)
- Ab work: 50 crunches, 1 minute (each) side planks, 60 dolphin planks
- Tricep dips (while watching tv)
So how do I feel about all this eating? Guilty. Yep. Guilty.
I realize I haven’t eaten anything too horribly bad — or in excess, for that matter–but my current sedentary work situation is making me feel a major lard@ss, hence the guilt over eating anything that is not 100% fresh, nutritious and low-cal. And yet, all I want to do is eat ! Why the heck is that?
What I am telling myself is that this proposal will be done and gone in less than 2 weeks at which time I can kick it back into health-mode and up my workouts. Kauai is a month and a half away –> motivation 8)
What motivates you?
Desk job? or do you stand / move around?