This was the word I picked from my Angel Card while at Bikram Yoga yesterday. The owner of BYSJ decided to share a tradition: an Angel Card is selected at the beginning of each year, for which you will then dedicate yourself to achieving, understanding, becoming…
I picked Transformation.
That can mean so much. Body transformation (preggers?). Emotional transformation (contentedness in where I’m at). Mindful transformation (practicing of patience and the words I use to express myself). Eating transformation (releasing bad food habits (like frequent “fat-kid” moments)). Relationship transformation (finding more time to dedicate to nurturing my marriage). Style transformation (surely I have mention shoes somewhere )
Last night I had a sleeping transformation with the hubby. We decided to switch sides of the bed so that I could be closer to the window. I prefer to have the window wide open (even when it gets below 40deg) so I can cuddle deeper in the blankets. I sleep a ton better. Apparently the hubby feels like he may freeze to death. So far, I’m not loving the transformation. His side (now my side) isn’t broken in for my body yet
In which ways do you want to “transform” in 2011?
And I have to admit that knowing I’m going to post all of my food has made me very conscientious of what I want to put in my mouth (that’s what she said..err yeah).
- 9a–2.5 cups of coffee with 1+ tbsp vanilla creamer in each
- 1015a–toasted whole wheat english muffin with <1tbsp maple-pumpkin butter on each half
- 1130a–Toffee graham cracker from last night
- 2p–100 cal bag of lime-salt popcorn (sooo good!); baby carrots and a few tbsp spicy hummus
- 415–peppermint tootsie roll pop
- 6p–arugula salad with roasted beets, corn, slivered almonds, and ground peppa; 2 cut up Smartdogs on the side (for protein)
- 7p–1/3 Sprinkles cupcake
- 8p–1 glass of Pinot Noir
- 90 min Bikram
- 20 min walk with Naava
And I’ll leave you with a random question: Is there a way to comment on blogs within Google Reader? I’m so far not loving it