Hi blogworld! I’ve been very MIA with posting and likely may continue to be for the next few days. You see, after the whole pity party post about the lonely Christmas, we are finally getting guests! Zach’s parents are arriving any minute and we have them here until Jan 3rd. No more solo time for this girl. Squeal!
I’m still reading your blogs and will catch up soon…stay tuned for a fabulous present revealed, TWO new pairs of shoes, and my 2011 plans =)
It’s the work week again and Christmas is a thing of the past, so I hope you spent your time fabulously and being more naughty than nice
So this was the first Christmas ever with no family. And no friends. And well, I have some lessons learned if you will:
- Even if you think you will appreciate the down time and a Cali Christmas, go see your family anyway
- Even if you ask family to come visit you over the 25th, start to beg them to show how badly you want them to come
- Even if you are sooo sick of seeing SFO and SJC, buck up and use them to get en route to see your family
- Even if you went on 30+ work trips this year, say “what the heck is one more trip” and book a flight over the holidays
- Even if you think you are saving a crapload of money by not traveling, remember that USPS sucks and didn’t get your Dad’s baked goods to him in time
- Even if you could spend $800 (per plane ticket cuz that’s what they cost for us) some “better” way, realize that money can’t buy you company
- Even if you hate sitting in the car for a 1-2.5 hour drive to get to any one of your family’s after arriving at the destination, you wouldn’t be riding alone
- Even if you can stick to a much healthier diet when you’re not seduced by special treats by your loved ones, understand that one or two Bikram classes can burn it all off anyway
- Even if you just got a new dog (and have two cats) and don’t want to send them to the Pooch Hotel, realize your dog actually wants to socialize too!
- Even if you treasure the time you have with your hubby and love all the gifts you got, there is no gift better than spending Christmas with your family and friends.
Did you make any discoveries this Christmas?
How far did you travel to see family/friends?
Merry Christmas to all of you!
See my bestie and A in a video (youtube) here
And check out a hilarious video from Fitsugar on how to get some toning in while baking up a storm. Click here.
May you have a fabulous Christmas filled with delicious eats, tasty wines, mouth-watering treats, family, friends, health and happiness.