So as I told you, I went to an absolutely amazing wedding this weekend. My friends Rakesh (Zach’s college roomie) and his (now) wife Vidya married in Arlington, VA on Sunday. I think I’m going to hold off on all the details because I’d like to share some pretty amazing pictures.
What I will tell you is about the lunch and dinner we were served. Yep, we were served two meals. Score, right? Well, they were buffets. Let me tell you a little something about me and buffets.
- Buffets are overwhelming to me. Too. Many. Choices.
- The lines that you must stand in for buffet food makes me anxious, “will all those in front of me take all the food?”
- I can’t taste test from a buffet so I have no idea what I want and have to take a little bit of everything to make sure I’m covered
- The plate resultant from the buffet is piled higher than a linebacker’s
- Once I’ve consumed my plate, I immediately assess the errors of my ways in not piling up on the foods I liked the most
- Buffet etiquette confuses me — am I allowed to get seconds? How long do I wait? Since I’ve been up once can I skip ahead to just the items I want to devour?
- I overeat. No matter what. I have no control and all thoughts of portion control fly out the window.
Okay so these are just some of my thoughts on buffets. The reason I bring this up is because I was “subjected” to buffet torture TWICE on Sunday. And you want to know what’s worse? The food was Indian, predominantly vegetarian, and freakin’ fantastic! I was in heaven. And in hell at the same time. 400 hundred guests all needed to be served and all I could think about is please, oh please, leave some for me!
And by day’s end I also found I was pregnant.
with an Indian food baby larger than any human baby ever birthed. Lol. This certainly made for some discomfort in my one shouldered navy blue mini dress.
Confession: the real reason I didn’t have a buffet at my wedding was because I feared the food would run out. Enter sit-down dinner and problem solved.
Do you like buffets? Can you control yourself? If so, tips please!